create an artists ecommerce platform in 2hrs? done.
We love seeing emerging artists get traction with beautiful products, but also know of the pain that can be involved when first setting up an online presence if the business isn't born digital. Our brief was clear:
- Establish a professional domain name as the front end experience to the Artist and their emerging portfolio of works;
- Establish a basic e-Commerce presence where they could take orders for their first artwork prints, manage sales and shipping in AUD, whilst also setting up the beginnings of an analytics platform in the lead-up to Xmas 2015;
- Get it done ASAP within a 2hr package of digital strategy Service Pack to capture any more inbound orders and stop the backlog building up, which would lead to more reconciliation challenges.
- Domain name selection was simple, so we secured and configured the redirection from our Domain management platform at domains.laughingmind.com;
- For the longer term, running on Google Apps for Business makes more sense than running your business through Gmail - 3 email aliases to help with email rules based filtering were setup to help with inbound order communications management and workflow;
- For an emerging artist, who needed to sell in AUD and have all the necessities in place for order, shipping and product management, we went straight to Etsy. Working out the pricing and shipping configurations was straightforward. When you need something to work for product selling within a very tight timeframe + budget, it's a great option, with transaction based margin instead of recurrent monthly costs for an online store like Shopify - important when you're getting your head around product sales, volume and revenue;
- A brief test transaction and TaDa! Mission accomplished. Sales started rolling in..
Need help to get your artistic presence setup for sales and a professional portfolio? Just get in touch.